Documentation for bid was sent Friday to the Federal Court of Accounts
A container ship docked in Santos, Brazil’s largest port — Foto: Ana Paula Paiva/Valor
The Ministry of Infrastructure expects to auction Santos Port Authority, the company that manages the Port of Santos, in the second half of December. The documentation for the bid was sent last Friday to the Federal Court of Accounts (TCU), said the ministry’s executive secretary Bruno Eustáquio.
According to him, the ministry expects a lot of competition for the asset, one of the most important in the industry. Mr. Eustáquio, who participated in the second day of the event Rio Oil & Gas, said that over the next few days he will have an agenda with 23 potential buyers, a group that includes banks, investment funds, and companies already operating in the port.
For Mr. Eustáquio, the port concession enters a new phase after TCU’s analysis. “We are being sought by various interested buyers, including national and foreign players, and we will begin to figure out [how much interest actually exists] from now on,” the secretary said. Last week, the government had approved the model and conditions for the privatization of Santos Port Authority (SPA).
*By Fábio Couto — Rio de Janeiro
Source: Valor International