Power, Oil and Gas
We address the peculiarities of Brazilian law and advise and represent our clients before the regulatory agencies and other competent governmental bodies on matters such as.
· Organization of companies to operate in the power, oil and gas industries.
· Regulatory aspects of the electric power, oil and gas segments.
· Power generation, distribution, supply and transmission.
· Electric power supply agreements – PPAs, concession, construction, turn key contracts and others, including, but not limited to electric power swap and sales option agreements, connection contracts and transmission and distribution system use agreements, energy conversion contracts – ECCs.
· Funding of hydroelectric and thermal electric power plant projects.
· Public administration and competent bodies: representation in litigation and other disputes.
· E&P agreements, oil and gas and by-product transportation and distribution agreements, pipeline lease and operation agreements, oil and gas imports and exports, engineering, procurement and construction agreements – EPCs, as well as supply of both concession or licensed product or service.
· Project finance and securitization of receivables, including participation in structuring and other financial operations through the securitization of receivables and/or other securities.
· Negotiation and preparation of syndicate and joint venture agreements in view of oil and natural gas survey, exploitation and production concessions, including transportation and refining activities.